Procedures for re-filling vacant student positions in the Faculty of Science and Technology
The application for vacant position must be filed to the dean's office before the new semester begins.
Eligible candidates are:
- Students intending to change their curriculum, and who enroll at the same curriculum at the same or previous nominal year. Students on a prolongation year cannot apply.
- Persons who have previously enrolled in the curriculum and apply for re-immatriculation.
- Students who come from other universities.
- External students.
- Persons who have enrolled in other higher education curricula, but have been expelled.
- Persons who have completed the relevant study courses under the Continuing Education Program.
To qualify, the candidate must have completed at least 75% of the full-time curriculum requirements. The candidates will be ranked according to the following hierarchical principles:
- Percent of completion of the curriculum. All candidates who have filled 100% of the curriculum will be deemed equal.
- When candidates are equal, the one with higher weighted average grade will get preference.
- Candidates other academic achievements and social activity. If needed, vice dean for studies will contact the candidates.
Vacant student positions will be re-filled through a public competition during the first four weeks of the semester.